Saturday, December 3, 2011

Little Bruiser

We had a first.  We got to take the 30 minute stroll to Children's Hospital on Friday night.  It was the first of many battle scars, I'm afraid.  Deacon was jumping on a pillow and hit the corner of a wooden box that we keep his books in.  Thankfully, Brent had just walked in the door, otherwise I'm not sure I could have handled it.  I didn't realize it was as bad as it was, until I went into the bathroom to check on them & there was blood everywhere.  This is not something a mom ever wants to see.  Her child screaming as blood runs down his face.  We chatted & decided we would take him to Children's to have them check him out.  We told Deacon we would stop and get him some fries.  (he liked that idea)  So from Troy to Children's he ate his fries & sang along with his songs.  My mom & dad met us at the hospital to help with Nora, which was such a blessing.  They checked him out and determined that he indeed should have some stitches.  Another event I hope I don't have to experience.  Him being strapped down on the table, wondering why people are doing this to him (and why his mommy & daddy won't stop them!)  It was heart-breaking to me, but we made it through.


The battle wound.
  
Patched up by mommy & daddy and waiting in the waiting room at Children's.

He enjoyed the waiting room.

Then we made it back to the room and they put on a numbing cream to numb the skin before they actually injected him with the lidocaine.

All stitched up with popsicle in hand.  Ready to go!

The next day, he's back to normal.  He's making his mommy a tad paranoid when he runs around!

Praying we don't have to go through that again anytime soon.


Last night we were counting a couple of blessings.

*Blessing Number One:  Brent was home.
*Blessing Number Two:  It happened on a Friday night, which meant Brent would be home 2 days with us.  This was very comforting to me.
*Blessing Number Three:  It was minor.
*Blessing Number Four:  My parents were there to help with Nora.

We are thankful to our Father for his abundance of Grace last night.  I'm not sure how I would handle anything major, but then I wasn't sure I could handle this either.  In having our own children, I have learned how much our Father loves me.  His love is amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Laura! Bless you all! How scary-nerve wracking! Glad everyone is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Laura! How scary. I'm so glad everything is ok. How awesome it is to see God taking care of us huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! So thankful with you.. blessings indeed! Hope his head heals quickly. Tell that lil guy to sloooww down! ;)

    ReplyDelete